Renewing your loans (including books, DVDs, CDs etc) is a sensible, easy way to avoid fines during your time here at Goldsmiths College. We try to make it as simple as possible for you to renew your loans, so here is a run down of the different ways to renew.
1. Renew at the self-service machines.
- Choose Borrow and Account on the screen.
- Scan the barcode on your Goldsmiths card to bring up your account.
- Select Account on the left hand side of the screen.
- A record of your loans should appear on screen. Simply press Renew All at the bottom of this screen to renew your loans.
- If there are any problems with the renewal then the items will be highlighted in red. The most likely reason for a failed renewal is that the item has a hold placed on it by another user but you can go to the help desk for further information.
- Press Print to get a print out with the new return dates.
2. Renew in person at the help desk.
- Queue up on the library side of the help desk and talk to a friendly member of staff who can renew loans for you.
3. Renew online.
- Access the Library catalogue (found via the Library home page) and log in to Your Library Record using your library number (the number under the barcode) and your pin, which is usually your date of birth (DDMMYY).
- A summary of your account will appear. Click on the number of loans and it will bring you through to a detailed summary of your items. Click on Renew All to renew all your loans.
Take a quick look at this video which shows you the step-by-step process.
4. Renew by phone.
If all else fails give us a call on 020 7919 7150 and talk to a member of staff. Have your library account number ready and we will renew the items for you over the phone.
Please be aware that at peak times we may not be able to answer your call straight away so it might be quicker to renew online.
- Short loan books (7 day loans and 3 day loans) can be renewed.
- If your fines total more than £10, you will not be able to renew your books until you have paid some of the fine.
- You cannot renew books that have been requested by other users.
For more information about loans periods and fines see the Borrowing Information on the library web pages.