This competition is only open to current Goldsmiths Students.
– The prize for this competition is a £50 Amazon voucher and having your design printed onto bags to sell in the Library.
– The designs will be judged by design professionals Juliet Sprake, Rose Sinclair, and the Library marketing team.
– The bag must say, or represent, the Library in some way.
– The design can be no bigger than 35cm (Width) and 38cm (Height).
– The design must include the Library URL. www.gold.ac.uk/library
– The background colour of the bag will be cream.
– Designs should be initially sent as a JPEG (no bigger than 20MB) to email@example.com, we will then need the winner to provide the original design for printing as either PSD/EPS/AI/TIFF format, with resolution of at least 300-400 pixels (dpi). If you prefer to work by hand, original art should be scanned at 1200 dpi and submitted as an EPS file.
– Art must be 100 percent of the size to be reproduced, i.e. to fit in an area 38 cm high by 35 cm wide.
– The design can only be in one colour, but you can choose the colour. The colour you choose must be available in the Pantone uncoated library (U numbers on the pantone chart), an approximation of these can be found in the Photoshop/InDesign colour library, or you can look them up on an online pantone colour chart.
– Please ensure that all fonts are converted to outlines to eliminate the likelihood that the printers do not have the fonts used in your artwork, or embed them in the file.
– You must leave space in the bottom right hand corner of the bag for the Goldsmiths Logo.
– We reserve the right to edit the design in consultation with the winning entrant.
– The winning entrant will need to pass the copyright of the image onto the Library.
– All entered designs may be used for publicity after or during the competition, e.g. a display of the entries.
– All entries must be received by midnight of the 3rd of April, entries received after this time will not be counted.