Across April, we have a trial to Kanopy, an on-demand streaming video service for educational institutions. In this trial we have access to around 26,000 films in a range of subject areas, including:
- Film (including access to the Criterion Collection of classic and contemporary cinema)
- The Arts (including Design, Music and Photography)
- Global Studies and Languages (including African, Asian and Middle Eastern and Latin American studies)
- Media and Communications (including Journalism, Marketing, Advertising and PR)
- Social Sciences (including Anthropology, History and Politics and International Affairs)
To access, first visit the trial homepage. If you are asked to log in, the details are as below:
The homepage will show which films we have access to, and you can either browse by subject or search for a specific film. Once you’ve selected a film, you can play it, but also create clips/playlists, read synopses and also share/embed the film.
A successful trial makes it more likely that we’ll subscribe, so please watch as many films as you wish this month.