This year the Library launched a new project to tailor our collections around students’ needs and interests. We recruited Student Library Reps, who were each given a £300 budget to choose new books for their department in consultation with their fellow students. Volunteers took part from 12 departments – Anthropology, Art, Cultural studies, Design, History, ICCE, Music, Psychology, Sociology, STACS, Visual Cultures, and the Graduate School.
134 new items were ordered during the project – 131 print books, 2 eBooks and 1 DVD. Here are a few of the most popular examples:
- Hidden valleys : haunted by the future / Justin Barton
- What is historical sociology? / by Richard Lachmann
- In the dust of this planet / Eugene Thacker
- The land of weddings and rain: nation and modernity in post-socialist Lithuania / Gediminas Lankauskas.
- Performing the nation in global Korea: transnational theatre / Hyunjung Lee.
On behalf of all the Library staff we would like to say a big thank you to our 2015-16 Student Library Reps for all their hard work and enthusiasm. The project will be running again in the 2016-17 academic year – if you are interested in taking part keep an eye on the Student News emails or follow us on Twitter @Goldsmithslib and on Facebook for further announcements and details of how to apply.